Volunteer at the Market
Food Assistance Program Coordinator Saturdays 8 am – 1 pm
The 5 Healthy Towns farmers markets (Chelsea, Grass Lake, Dexter, Stockbridge and Manchester) are expanding our food assistance programs, aimed at making our markets’ products more affordable to those with lower income. Our goal is to be able to accept SNAP/bridge cards at most of the markets, and then implement Double Up Food Bucks – a program that double’s a SNAP participant’s money for FREE to spend at the farmers market on fruits and vegetables. WE NEED HELP to make this possible. We are looking for a volunteer available every week or every other week throughout the summer who would be able to assist with these programs during market. Please contact Emily at (734) 474-6719 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
We have many volunteer opportunities throughout the season. Our current listings will be posted on Volunteer Chelsea at www.chelseamich.com/volunteer. Or contact us directly if you are interested in helping out by emailing email@example.com
Friends of the Market
We strive to create a healthy and vibrant community around food, health, and quality of life. Please join us! Consider becoming a friend of the market and help our markets grow. There are many ways to become a friend of the market. Co-sponsor an event, host an activity, or donate to our organization. For more information contact the coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Market participation is free for nonprofits. Groups may sign up for a tent at market for free to distribute literature and talk to customers about your organization
We welcome Chelsea businesses to participate in the market. Become a sponsor by donating $50 to our Friends of the Market Program.
- You get: A tent for the day to distribute information and talk to customers about your business, Season long recognition on our website, Mention in our newsletter
Health related organizations
The market is particularly interested in partnering with organizations that focus on health and wellbeing. Contact us about creating a walking program on market days, running a health education booth, or hosting other health related activities.
Host a special event
The market is looking for organizations to sponsor the following events:
- Strawberry Festival (June), Healthy Living (July), Corn Roast (Aug), Tomato Tasting (Sept), Pumpkin Festival (Oct)
- Your organization will be in charge of running the main tent for the event and serving the in-season food that we are highlighting
- You are in charge of finding volunteers, operating the main tent and serving food, helping advertise, getting some materials
- You get: All proceeds from the food event, Season long recognition on our website, Mention in our newsletter; Opportunity to talk to customers about your organization
Host an activity
The market is seeking community partners to help with day to day activities at the market on both Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Examples include: children’s activities, skill building demonstrations, teaching health and garden related activities, and more – the sky’s the limit
- Sign up for one or more days to run your activity
- You get: A free tent space at market for the day, Mention in our newsletter, Recognition on our website, Opportunity to talk to customers about your organization
Help the markets grow! Become a friend of the market by making a donation:
Golden Egg $500 +
Includes a business logo or family name on our website, mention in our marketing materials, your logo on our banner that is displayed each market day, market bag and t-shirt
Rooster $200 – $500
Includes a business logo or family name on our website, mention in our marketing materials, market bag and t-shirt
Hen $100 – $200
Includes a business logo or family name on our website, market bag and t-shirt
Chick $50 – $100
Includes a market bag and t-shirt
Egg $20 – $50
Includes a market bag OR t-shirt, your choice
How to Donate
To make a donation, please ask for our donation envelopes at the market or send a check to:
Chelsea Farmers Market
1515 Commerce Park Dr.
Chelsea, MI 48118