Come join us this Saturday at the Chelsea Farmers Market from 8 am – noon at the Palmer Auto Lot on Main St in downtown Chelsea.
*Thanks to Lisa Allmendinger with Chelsea Update for photos and content
Desserts by Erica is a new vendor at the Saturday Farmers Market.
The Saturday Chelsea Farmers Market takes place from 8 a.m.–noon on Saturday, May 30 at the Palmer parking lot.
Below is a list of the vendors and what they expect to have for sale:
- Kapnick Orchards: asparagus, rhubarb, peas coming soon, maybe apples and apple cider, nut butters, breads, baked goods and fudge. Strawberries coming in June.
- Affeathermations: Seasonal creations and natural media, earthwork arts and crafts
There are lots of herbs and accent plants to be found at the vendors on Saturday.for ceremony or celebration.
- Country Hills Pottery: Wheel thrown functional pottery and a variety of unusual gifts.
- Debbie’s Bead Design: Fun woven and strung beaded work including bracelets, earrings and necklaces.
- Two Tracks Acres: bacon, Italian and breakfast sausage, pork chops, shoulder roasts, fresh ham, chicken, eggs.
- Goetz Greenhouse: lettuce, spinach, kale, spicy mix, Swiss chard, asparagus, hanging baskets, geraniums, daisies, small flower pots, herbs, accent plants, veggie plants, purple and white moonflowers, cucumbers, green onions.
- Frog Hollar Farms: asparagus, ricotta cheese cookies, rhubarb, muffins, tomato and pepper plants, radishes, maybe spinach.
- The Curio Cat: several sizes of hypertufa planters made from fiber and concrete, mugs, spice mix, wall vases, one of a kind small furniture pieces, pillows.
- Heim Gardens: asparagus, rhubarb, spinach, annuals, bedding plants, hanging baskets, herb starts, strawberry plants, dahlias, begonia.
Frog Hollar Farms has baked goods as well as vegetables and vegetable starts for sale.
- Merkel Gardens: hanging baskets, annuals, perennials, strawberry plants.
- Stonehearth Breads: Artisan breads including apple cinnamon, peach pecan, bacon cheddar beer bread, and German sauerkraut; pepperoni rolls and Reuben rolls, cookies, buns, brownies.
- H and H Sugarbush: Maple syrup, candy, nuts, maple cream, maple sugar.
- LA Baguette: baguettes, boules, madeleines, brioche.
- Zatkovich Pastures: Grass fed Katahdin lamb – rib chops, leg of lamb, square shoulder, shank, ribs, beef bones, 100-percent organic feed poultry – whole, breast, thighs, legs, wings, liver and feet, eggs.
- Fresh: Coffee beans from Guatemala, Columbia, and Rwanda, decaf; coffee by the cup.
- Greystone Creamery: cream cheese, ricotta, horse radish-bacon, rosy-cam, Chelsea-cam, hard cheeses, cow gouda, man-chel, butternut, garlic pepper, sheep gouda.
H and H Sugarbush offers numerous maple products for sale from syrup to candy to butter.
- ElderWoods: Bird feeders made out of cedar; wine bottle feeders with Great Lakes stones, and bird houses each with a Petoskey stone.
- Tasty Bakery: Vegan, gluten free, soy free, and low-glycemic baked goods including granola bars, brownies, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and berry bars.
- Dancy’s Fancy Butter: Butters infused with fresh herbs and garlic, lemon pepper, pumpkin, honey and cinnamon, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bordine Farms: 20 varieties of dahlia bulbs
- Renovatio Woodworks: wine chillers, repurposed tables that hold ice for wine bottles, tables, legs, rustic cake stand, and 20-percent off commissioned work if you mention this listing in Chelsea Update. Each week there is something new. Will be an artist-in-residence at Chelsea Underground Gallery beginning May 30 for two weeks.
Many types of vegetables are for sale at the Saturday Market.
- Desserts by Erica: strawberry, chocolate, and lemon cupcakes and a fourth mystery flavor each week so be sure to find out what it might be.
- Mama Mo: Vegan bean dip; 17 varieties of hummus, pesto, four types of seitan, and Ann Arbor Tortilla Factory chips.
- Chandra June Handmade Jewelry: Anklets, gemstone earrings and necklaces.
- Bristles Handmade and Homegrown: potato bags, hand cloths and dish towels, jar mixes; asparagus and rhubarb.
Mama Mo sells 17 varieties of hummus and bean dip.
- Tantre Farm: Potatoes, parsnips, green onions, mushrooms, nettles, spinach, cabbage, asparagus, rhubarb, kale, arugula, spicy salad mix, and herbs such as chives, oregano, lovage, sorrel. CSA shares still available (see website at www.tantrefarm.com)
- Wild Apple Farms: soaps, herbal products, RUStic repurposed wood and metalwork, jams and jellies, herbal bread and muffins, garden produce.
- Co-Creations – edible flowers, herbs, and massage
- Angie Godek and Sis – Kitchen crafts
- Brieland-Shoultz Farm: eggs, jam, soap
Lots of annuals for sale.