Come visit us this Wednesday at the Bushel Basket Market 2 pm – 6 pm on Main St in downtown Chelsea.
*Thanks to Chelsea Update for content and pictures
It’s officially strawberry season.
The Wednesday Bushel Basket Farmers Market takes place on June 10 at the Palmer parking lot from 2-6 p.m. where there will also be a special children’s scavenger hunt this week.
Below are a listing of the vendors and what they expect to have for sale on Wednesday.
- Kapnick Orchards: baked goods, nut butters, fudge and strawberries.
More and more vegetables are appearing at the Bushel Basket Farmers Market.
- Golden Fleece Farm: soy-free organic eggs, lamb – loin and rib chops, steak, shanks. New this week beef – steaks, roasts, soup bones, ground beef and ground ground.
- Marks Farm: herb planters, mixed flower planters, veggie starts, including 20 varieties of tomatoes, hanging baskets, ornamental grasses, succulent bowls, lettuce and herb bowls, accent plants, peanut and okra plants, fuchsia, geranium, citronella plants.
- Stamatopoulos and Sons: 5 types of olive oils including chipotle, Greek herb, Lemoni, Portokali, mind basil, delicate, medium/mild and robust extra virgin Olive Oil, Kalamata black olives with pits, Amphissa Green Olives pitted, popcorn, customized gift baskets.
- Pregitzer Farm Market: lettuce bowls, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, tomato and pepper starts, hanging baskets with flowers and vegetables, Asiatic lilies, foxglove, echinacea, coreopsis. Ask Wade about his CSA shares.
- Madison’s Closet and Farm: over 30 flavors of lollipops, sugar free and sugared jams and jellies, gluten-free baked goods, cake balls, hair bows, kid’s play food.
- Lutchka Angus Farm: free range brown eggs, herbs, green onions.
Jane’s Grains now has three flavors of granola and energy bars for sale.
- Break O’Day Farm: gluten-free baked goods, pies and stop by to see the new goodies this week, cookbooks, organic eggs, frozen rabbit and chicken. Look for pork in the fall.
- Janes’ Place: maple syrup, Jane’s Grains Fantastic, savory and ginger snap granola, Zipz energy bars, Kuki gluten-free breakfast bars, maybe maple Italian salad dressing.
- DeVulder’s Farm: veggie starts, herbs, strawberry plants, lettuce, radishes, rhubarb plants, green onions, cut rhubarb, strawberries, hosta plants.
- Janet’s LLC: cards, jams, Damn It Dolls, rubs, new herbal butter blend, flavored nuts, pretzels, turtles and other sweets, lemon eucalyptus lotion bug repellent, new dried fruit and nuts.
- Family Circle Centennial Farm: chard, kale, herbs, honey, maybe carrots, spinach, maybe beets, maybe peas, maybe scallions. Ask about our gift certificates.
- Needle Lane Farm: stinging nettle, curly parsley, Swiss chard, lettuce, spinach, salad mix, hanging baskets, herb plants, maybe bok choy, maybe snow peas, Lamb’s quarter, honey, veggie starts, organic seeds, organic fertilizer, compost, bay leaves, chives, kale, turnips.
- Guthrie Gardens: perennials, shrubs, planters, blueberry plants, asparagus crowns, dawn redwood, organic veggie starts including tomatoes, sweet potato acorn squash, zucchini, peppers.
- Just Being Momo: all organic herbal oil infusions, bath salts and soaps, medicinal oils, dried herbs, coconut-olive oil soap, weaving and knitted products, dandelion suave for sore muscles, lavender infused oil, ask about our new products each week.
- Bordine Farms: 20 varieties of dahlia bulbs, plants.
You’ll find all kinds of plants and veggie starts for sale.
- Stone Hearth Bakery: Artisan breads made from scratch with no preservatives including apple cinnamon, peach, pecan, bacon cheddar beer bread, German sauerkraut bread, pepperoni and Reuben rolls, cookies and pretzels.
- Natural Fix Herbal Soap: natural and handmade herbal soaps and herbal dream pillows, recycled bird feeders. Check each week for other body care items and new soap fragrances.
- Our Family Farm: large and jumbo chicken eggs, duck eggs, Ask John about his CSA delivered to the Bushel Basket Market. No GMA seeds used. Looking for a part-time employee who wants to learn gardening. Call 734-428-9100.
- The Curio Cat: several sizes of hypertufa planters made from fiber and concrete, mugs, spice mix, wall vases, one of a kind small furniture pieces, pillows.
- Angie Godek and Sis: dish towels, dish cloths, scrubbies, jar openers, catnip sacks, hair clips, baby bibs, burp pads, security blankets, baby hats, tooth fairy sacks.
- Co-Creations – edible flowers, herbs, and massage.
- Bow Wow Tasty Dog Treats: 90 flavors of dog treats in three sizes. Special orders. Pup cakes and cinnamon rolls. Sold by the ounce or jar.
- Nellie’s Lavender Estate: organic lavender sugar, infused honey, bath soak, tea, chamomile flowers and lemon balm.