June 13 Chelsea Farmers Market Newsletter
Come visit us at the Chelsea Farmers Market this Saturday, 8 am – noon, at the Palmer Lot on Main St in downtown Chelsea. MOPS children’s tent will be hosting kid’s activities starting at 10!
*Thanks to Chelsea Update for content and pictures
- Look for more and more different types of vegetables at the Saturday Farmers Market.
Below is a list of the expected vendors and what they expect to have for sale. Keep in mind that sometimes either iffy weather or last minute emergencies may cause vendors to not make it to market:
- Kapnick Orchards: Nut butters, breads, baked goods, fudge and strawberries.
- Maple syrup from H and H Sugar Bush.
- Affeathermations: Seasonal creations and natural media, earthwork arts and crafts for ceremony or celebration.
- Country Hills Pottery: Wheel thrown functional pottery and a variety of unusual gifts.
- Debbie’s Bead Design: Fun woven and strung beaded work including bracelets, earrings and necklaces.
- Two Tracks Acres: bacon, Italian and breakfast sausage, pork chops, shoulder roasts, fresh ham, chicken, eggs. Chorizo, kielbasa links.
- Goetz Greenhouse: lettuce, spinach, Russian and curly kale, spicy mix, Swiss chard, radishes, asparagus, hanging baskets, geraniums, daisies, small flower pots, herbs, accent plants, veggie plants, purple and white moonflowers, cucumbers, sweet onions, green garlic, hoop house tomatoes, peas broccoli.
- Frog Hollar Farms: asparagus, ricotta cheese cookies, muffins, tomato and pepper plants, radishes, herb plants, cilantro, leaf and mustard lettuce, collard greens, kale.
- The Curio Cat: several sizes of hypertufa planters made from fiber and concrete, mugs, spice mix, wall vases, one of a kind small furniture pieces, pillows.
- Heim Gardens: asparagus, spinach, annuals, bedding plants, hanging baskets, herb starts, strawberry plants, dahlias, begonia.
- Merkel Gardens: hanging baskets, annuals, perennials, strawberry plants. Only
here until the end of the month.
- There are lots of hanging baskets for sale.
- Stonehearth Breads: Artisan breads made from scratch with no preservatives including apple cinnamon, peach pecan, bacon cheddar beer bread, and German sauerkraut; pepperoni rolls and Reuben rolls, cookies, buns, brownies.
- H and H Sugarbush: Maple syrup, candy, nuts, maple cream, maple sugar.
- LA Baguette: baguettes, boules, madeleines, brioche.
- Zatkovich Pastures: Grass fed Katahdin lamb – rib chops, leg of lamb, square shoulder, shank, 100-percent organic feed poultry – whole, breast, thighs, legs, and eggs.
- Fresh: Coffee beans from Guatemala, Peaberry, Rwandan, Cosa Rican, Sulawesi, decaf; coffee by the cup
- Dancy’s Fancy Butter: Butters infused with fresh herbs and garlic, lemon pepper, pumpkin, honey and cinnamon, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bordine Farms: 20 varieties of dahlia bulbs and Dahlia plants.
- Mama Mo: Vegan bean dip; 17 varieties of hummus, pesto, four types of seitan, and Ann Arbor Tortilla Factory chips.
- Cakes by Penny:
- Chandra June Handmade Jewelry: necklace, earrings with semiprecious stones.
- Just Being Momo: all organic herbal oil infusions, bath salts and soaps, medicinal oils, dried herbs, coconut-olive oil soap, dandelion salve for sore muscles, lavender infused oil, weaving and knitted products. New products each week.
- Tantre Farm: Arugula, Asparagus, Bok Choy, Burdock Root, Chard, Garlic scapes, Kale (Green Curly, lacinato and red russion), lettuce mix and lettuce heads, Mushrooms, Nettle, green onions, red pac choi, , Parsnips, shelling and snap peas, potatoes (kerrs pink, carola and russet), radishes (pink beauty and french breakfast), Rhubarb, Spicy Greens, Spinach, Strawberries, white hakurai turnips. CSA shares still available (see website at www.tantrefarm.com)
- Tantre Farms always has a large selection of unique offerings.
- Wild Apple Farms: soaps, herbal products, RUStic repurposed wood and metalwork, jams and jellies, herbal bread and muffins, garden produce, organic herbal bath bombs.
- Bristle’s Handmade and Homegrown: cookies, soups, homemade baked potato bags, dish towels and scrubbies, hand towels, special orders available.
- Brieland-Shoultz Farm: eggs, jam, soap, salad greens.
- Look for several bread vendors on Saturday as well. This offering is from LA Baguette.
- Huckleberry: will have some strawberries, cherry Jam and popcorn on the cob, snap peas, hanging cherry tomato baskets.
- Acme: handmade spiral bound journals, upcycled vintage label clipboards, upcycled children’s book journals, aprons, handmade “spoon” and “fork” racks, children’s wooden wall art hangers, 25-foot writing paper scrolls, stone coasters, novelty eraser packs and other handmade goodies.
- Co-Creations – edible flowers, herbs, and massage, spinning and handspun yarn, organic eggs, nature crafts.
- Rulig’s Produce: mixed leaf lettuce, maybe peas, spinach, Swiss chard, kale, beets, patti pan squash, zucchini coming soon.
- Sweet Kissy’s will have baked goods
- Angie Godek and Sis is bringing kitchen crafts
- William Hoppe will have lavender for sale
Hope to see you there!