Come join us at the farmers market this Saturday, 8 am – noon, at the Palmer Auto Lot in downtown Chelsea on Main St. Special events: cooking demonstration, market basket giveaway, and live music!
Below is a list of vendors and products that will be at market. Thanks to Chelsea Update for content and pictures.
Cherries and strawberries and red raspberries.Yum.
- Kapnick Orchards: baked goods, nut butters, fudge, strawberries, sugar snap peas, cherries, red raspberries, potatoes expected soon.
- Affeathermations: Seasonal creations and natural media, earthwork arts and crafts for ceremony or celebration. Weather permitting.
- Country Hills Pottery: Wheel thrown functional pottery and a variety of unusual gifts, weather permitting
- Debbie’s Bead Design: Fun woven and strung beaded work including bracelets, earrings and necklaces.
- Two Tracks Acres: Italian and breakfast sausage, pork chops, shoulder roasts, fresh ham, chicken, eggs. Chorizo, kielbasa links.
- Goetz Greenhouse: lettuce, Russian and curly kale, Swiss chard, radishes, asparagus, hanging baskets on sale, herbs, cucumbers, sweet onions, green garlic, hoop house tomatoes, peas, broccoli, zucchini and yellow squash, cabbage, kohlrabi, beets, fresh flower bouquets, radishes.
- Frog Hollar Farms: maybe ricotta cheese cookies, radishes, cilantro, broccoli, grape, Roma and regular potatoes, strawberries, apples, onions, maybe peppers.
- Heim Gardens: asparagus, annuals, bedding plants, hanging baskets, herb starts, strawberry plants, radishes, edible pod peas, lettuce, kohlrabi.
- Stonehearth Breads: Artisan breads made from scratch with no preservatives including apple cinnamon, peach pecan, bacon cheddar beer bread, and German sauerkraut; pepperoni rolls and Reuben rolls, cookies, buns, brownies.
- LA Baguette: baguettes, boules, madeleines, brioche.
- Zatkovich Pastures: Grass fed Katahdin lamb – leg of lamb, square shoulder, shank, 100-percent organic feed poultry – whole, breast, thighs, legs, and eggs.
- Fresh: Coffee beans from Guatemala, Peaberry, Rwandan, Sulawesi, decaf; coffee by the cup.
- Rulig’s Produce: mixed leaf lettuce, peas, spinach, Swiss chard, kale, beets, patti pan squash, zucchini, bok choy, collard greens, romaine lettuce, sun flowers, summer squash, round zucchini, Chinese cabbage, kohlrabi.
- Dancy’s Fancy Butter: Butters infused with fresh herbs and garlic, lemon pepper,
Be sure to check out the flavors of butter from Dancy’s Fancy butter. And try the strawberry one.pumpkin, honey and cinnamon, brown sugar and cinnamon. NEW for the season strawberry butter. I tried this last week and it’s delicious.
- Bordine Farms: 20 varieties of dahlia bulbs and Dahlia plants. Special sale. Buy 2 get third free.
- Renovatio Woodworks: wine chillers, repurposed tables that hold ice for wine bottles, tables, legs, rustic cake stand, and 20-percent off commissioned work if you mention this listing in Chelsea Update. Each week there is something new.
- Mama Mo: Vegan bean dip; 17 varieties of hummus, pesto, four types of seitan, and Ann Arbor Tortilla Factory chips.
- Cakes by Penny: Freshly bakes coffee cakes and muffins.
- Chandra June Handmade Jewelry: necklace, earrings with semiprecious stones.
- Tantre Farm: Arugula, maybe asparagus, fava beans, golden and red beets, bok choy, Swiss Chard, green broccoli, curly green, lacinato (dinosauer), and Red Russian kale, lettuce loose leaf mix, lettuce heads, maybe mushrooms, Collard greens, green onions, shelling, snap and snow peas, Carol and Russett potatoes, French breakfast and Pink Beauty radishes, spinach, summer squash, strawberries, Hakurei white and Scarlet Red turnips, yellow and green zucchini.
- Wild Apple Farms: soaps, herbal products, RUStic repurposed wood and metalwork, jams and jellies, herbal bread and muffins, garden produce, organic herbal bath bombs.
- Robin Hills Farm: vegetables
- Joan’s Soap Bouquet: soaps
- Huckleberry: will have some strawberries, cherry Jam and popcorn on the cob, snap peas, hanging cherry tomato baskets, lettuce bowls.
- Acme: handmade spiral bound journals, upcycled vintage label clipboards, upcycled children’s book journals, aprons, handmade “spoon” and “fork” racks, children’s wooden wall art hangers, 25-foot writing paper scrolls, stone coasters, novelty eraser packs and other handmade goodies.
- Elder Woods: birdhouses and bird feeders. Great Lakes stone bird houses and feeders each with a Petosky stone.
- Angie Godek and Sis: dish towels, dish cloths, scrubbies, jar openers, catnip sacks, hair clips, baby bibs, burp pads, security blankets, baby hats, tooth fairy sacks