Greetings all –
I sure hope that your Thanksgiving time was spent filling up not only on delicious food, but on the joy, love and gratitude of those special people, places or memories that are yours. The holiday season can be tough for many – please don’t ever hesitate to reach out for support if that is your experience! I am here and so are many other resources.
Things have slowed right down for the market. We get the gift of hibernation to some degree. However, many of our produce vendors still make their way to markets during the winter months. Be sure to check out what the Ann Arbor Market, the Saline indoor market and Agricole and Argus Farm Stops have happening!
We will be hosting another pop-up market on the 16th of December at the Chelsea Train Depot. This quaint, cozy market will have a bit of everything you need for those last-minute gifts and produce! Our lineup is subject to change but, so far, we have baked goods, meat, produce, honey, pottery, watercolors, birdhouses and more.
You can expect a few more pop ups into 2024 – dates TBD.
See below for more information on events happening this month that may be of interest to you for the holidays…
In Other News…
– The Waterloo Farm Museum (one of my all-time favorite places) is hosting their Christmas on the Farm this coming weekend! Don’t miss all the fun.
– The Dexter Winter Farmers Market takes place from 9-1 the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month. Join them at the Huron River Methodist Church, 7643 Huron River Dr, Dexter, MI
– Robin Hills Farm has a super fun holiday event taking place this month! Check out their offering HERE.
– Chelsea Robotics team is offing gift wrapping again! I LOVE this. Get those special gifts bundled up for your special someone.
-The Chelsea Hospital is hosting the last CPR class of 2023 on Tuesday December 5th from 9-1pm at the main hospital. Sign up here. We will be hosting classes into 2024 as well.
– Mental Health First Aid – MHFA
Identify. Understand. Respond.
Mental Health First Aid is a skills-based training course that teaches participants about mental health and substance-use issues.
– If you or your organization has an interest in getting trained please don’t hesitate to reach out. You can email Sarah: Sarah.Wilczynski@trinity-health.org